Narrow Escape

Narrow Escape
``CREEK...Get out of bed Blakely! Get to work in the salt mine! ’shouted the evil King's servant, as he slammed the door of Blakely's bedroom which was in the dungeon
As Blakely hurried down, he thought of his past when he was free. He could go for walks anytime with his family, go to parks and have picnics any time he wants. Now what was he doing? But working in the salt mine! While he was working, an idea popped into his mind. He was going to escape because he really missed the yummy dinners he ate with his family. He was going to take Bob his dog on his trip. The evil king also captured bob as well as Blakely.
While he was working, Blakely remembered that the King threw cans of soft drinks that were half empty into the far end of the cave. But what could he do with those? Nothing! He went on digging hoping to find some treasure, and sure enough he did. Suddenly, Bob was barking. Blakely knew it was a sign for treasure. He kept on digging and he found a mini rocket ship like backpack. Beside it laid a box. When he opened it he found a cloak. He put it on and he found out that it was actually an invisibility cloak. Blakely put two and two together. If he put the can of drink into the rocket kind of thing to make petrol he could get away! And that was exactly what he did.
That night Blakely took the mini rocket ship backpack with him into bed. The king was having a party with all his servants and staff so there was enough time to escape. He packed some food and three more cans of soda. Blakely pulled cloak over him and Bob,grabbed onto the rocket ship and snuck out of his bedroom and out of the dungeon. But oh! Blakely had made a mistake. Everybody was invited to the party all except the people guarding the dungeons. He ran out and pushed the guards all over. And suddenly he could hear people crying’ ‘Give chase, give chase! ’Blakely ran out of the castle and stopped.
He put the can of drink into the mini rocket round his waist and “Poof!’’ away he went up into the sky.
At some point of time, Blakely felt his eyelids grow heavy…
Cock-a-doodle-doo. It was morning when he woke up. He seized the cloak off and holding onto Bob they headed for tree. They ate some food and took off again. This time they weren’t so lucky, a flock of birds were following them screeching. Blakely pressed the power button and ``Poof’’ they escaped.
Suddenly ``screech’’ the fuel (can of soda) was running out! What could he do? Blakely thought that it was going to be a hard landing, but it wasn't, unfortunately, Blakely didn’t land on proper land though, he landed on a lollipop trap coated with bubblegum. Blakely was stuck. ``Eeeck ‘’screamed Blakely.
at that same moment Bubble Pop the dragon who owned the trap came out of the cave nearby. Blake pulled on the cloak just in time to see the dragon disappear back into the cave. Blakely put the remaining fuel into the mini rocket ship backpack. Holding onto Bob and the cloak, they went off again. This time they were fortunate. They landed in Wiggleboof, a street away from Blakely’s home town, Hiffleboof. It was about a day when they finally reached Higgleboof. Blakely’s family finally rejoiced and from that day on they lived in peace. As for the Evil king? Well, he’s still fussing around because he lost Blakely.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!