Old Ogre In The Woods

Old Ogre In The Woods!
In the lounge room, all I hear is horribly loud screaming and fighting, I yell, my brother yells and my parents yell. It is terrible, I feel so bad, but then I remember it was their fault.

Whispering and thinking in our room right on midnight, my annoying brother, (Jake) and I (Lily), were trying to think of an escape plan, then just then I, Lily Bramhall came up with the best plan in the world, we could run away into rainbow woods, (well maybe not the best plan in the world… but the best I have ever thought of). Oh-oh and before I forget, we will build a house??

Rapidly, we packed and set off into the rainbow woods. As quick as a flash we came to a rustling noise behind a bush. It was a-a… ogre! Although it was massive and horrifying, we sat behind a bush and watched it.

Behind the bush, we saw that he had a little, shiny thing, it was a flower and he was watering it, maybe he was nice after all. All of a sudden, Jake rattled the bush and he came over and grabbed us that is when I found out, he was not nice…

Nervous and horrified my heart is racing, my bloods pounding, I have sweat dripping, am I going to make it…

He taped us to the ground and starts a fire, after he untapped us and gives us a marshmallow each? It turns out he is nice. Now its night and I am getting tired so he gives me a bed to sleep in while Jake eats more marshmallows.

Do I smell bacon and eggs? Yep, the ogre made breakfast. After breakfast, we planted more flowers. We had a great life accept when my brother fights with me.





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!