Father


It was 1940 when I got taken away from my family while my mum was screaming at them to give me back my dad tried to hit them but it was no use. I was 7 years old when they took me but that was 10 years ago. I used to sleep in this little room with no windows it had a wooden door that creaked whenever someone would close it. The man was kind he made me my favourite food which is scrambled eggs on toast. Every morning I got that for breakfast and at night I got cereal. The man only came in to give me food and to read me a story at night. I couldn’t even tell if It was morning or night but I had an idea because all the sudden it would get cold but most days I can see my breath. I kept track of days as much as I could just have had trouble keeping my eyes opened I was too scared to fall asleep. My knees were always shaking, most of the time I couldn’t breathe and all I could think of was where is my family? Where am I? Who has me? I am now 17 years old and why has no one found me? As the years have gone by I haven’t felt close to being found. Why me? There must be a way so I can find out who has me kept here.
“Excuse me umm sir I need to talk” I tried screaming while knocking on the door
And as the door begins to open I see his mask he wears what looks like a Halloween mask. He opens the door and as he does she slowly talks through the door then BANG slams the door. He sat on the bed and moved his hand to where he wanted me to sit.
“Why did you take me? Why am I here?” I asked
“I had no choice” he responded but his voice seemed so familiar
“Do I know you? Why didn’t you have a choice?” I asked
“I couldn’t see you otherwise” he stated while making a fist with his hand
“Please just tell me! Who was keeping you away from me?! Why did you want to see me?!?” I asked while being more and more annoyed
“There’s something you need to know and it may come as a shock” he said while walking towards the wall
“There’s somethings people want to keep secret from you...” he stated
“Like what?” I asked while sitting on the bed
As he turns around he begins to take off his mark and says….
“I’m Your real father”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!