Geminia

I live in a world where jewels are everything. But no ordinary jewels, powerful jewels. A different gem is a different ability. For example, diamond is the power to create anything out of thin air. Only royalty get diamond. I wish I was a princess.
Anyway, when they turn 13, children progress into adulthood by getting their gem. All the jewels are set into pieces of jewellery. And I was given mine yesterday.
I paced my room, wondering what I would get. Maybe aquamarine? I liked that colour. Or maybe tiger eye? I was a cat person at heart. In no time at all, mother yelled at me. "Fae! The Stone Master is here!" The Stone Master made all the different jewellery that the gems were set in. He also accompanies you when you get your gem.
Fast forward a few minutes and we arrived at The Stone Master's workshop. We entered a huge hall, which displayed millions of gems. "Just remember," he whispered, "Your gem will choose you." I walked through the hall. Looking at all the jewels. There was indeed a headdress with a tiger eye set into it and a metal choker with aquamarine in the middle, but I didn't really feel a connection.
I continued to walk around and then felt a strange pull towards the back of hall. As I looked around for the source, I spotted an amethyst necklace which was glowing so intensely, it nearly blinded me. I noticed The Stone Master's face staring at me in shock, but I was too busy walking towards the necklace to care. I racked my brains for the power of the amethyst and came up with nothing. I'd never heard of it before. I slowly put the necklace on and felt a rush of power go through me. As the light died out The Stone Master looked at me "I'm s...sure you know about the c..core gems?" he stuttered. "Of course! But wh-" It finally hit me like a ton of iron. Core gems are the main reason why jewels like this exist in the first place. But I was never taught which type. "Amethyst is one of the core gems. My dear, you are now one of the most powerful beings in the universe." I now wore a face of shock as well. "Three others have been chosen by core gems. Two boys and 1 girl. The boys, emerald and topaz, the girl, sapphire." I was at loss for words. "You must join them. I will help you along your journey." "Wait, I have to leave home?" I exclaimed. "It is for the best," he said, "Once the news gets out, some people might try to kill you, taking your legacy. So, will you come?" I thought of father, missing in the war, and of mother, who has turned mean towards me since. Maybe if I accept, this could help my family, "Yes."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!