Legend Of The Dragon Slayer

Long ago mythical creatures lived and they took control over a vast area of land. The creatures which everyone obeyed were the dragons. They were cruel and cunning and they would destroy anyone who didn’t obey them. It was impossible to sneak up on them because their supersonic sensors would detect anyone. There was only one place the dragons didn’t invade and that place was an island called Astra. People lived on Astra but they didn’t know the dangers ahead until one day……
“BANG BANG!” There were explosions everywhere, people screaming and houses being demolished. The dragons didn’t care and they killed many people. After the cruel creatures left, the remaining people stopped hiding. They panicked as they didn’t know what to do. Suddenly a mysterious character leapt out of the shadows.
“There is still hope for our generation!” he exclaimed.
He asked the people to follow him and soon they found weapons and armour. The people were amazed because they had never seen anything like it. The mysterious person explained to them what to do and they understood. When everyone was ready, they set out on a journey to where the dragons lived! It was a long journey but they finally made it.
As soon as they had arrived the dragons sensed them and attacked ferociously. The people fought fiercely but the dragons fought even more fiercely. It was as if there was no way to stop the malevolent creatures. There was smoke and blood everywhere. It looked like hope was lost but the mysterious man didn’t give up. He still had faith in everyone even against the odds. Out of nowhere a ray of light appeared and blinded all the dragons. The man stood up and saw the last resistance. It was a divine sword and it was hope that brought it there. He picked it up and felt power coursing through his veins. He then knew for certain there was hope. The man fought back with all his might and a few dragons were left. He was then face to face with the leader of all dragons; The Red Death or known to dragons as Overdrive. The dragon shot a beam of bright fire but he evaded all attacks. The dragon then grew larger and tried to trample him but the man still dodged. Then he started to attack rapidly non-stop. The dragon then tumbled to ground. He tried to seize the remaining dragons but they fled from battle carrying their leader. Another man anxiously requested him what his name was.
“Kai, my name is Kai,” he replied.
“Behold Kai, the Divine Dragon Slayer!”
Everyone started cheering. Kai was very proud of himself. The days of Kai the Dragon Slayer didn’t last eternity but the legend of the Dragon Slayer will go on forever.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!