Going To Mars

The iron oxide is what gives Mars its rich scarlet colour.
The russet soil is as fine as talcum powder.
You can see rose-red rocks, ice caps and the tallest volcano from the solar system.
It is colder than Arctic in winter and in summer, it is only 20 degrees!
Known as the red planet, it is nearly half the size of Earth.
Dust storms occur and blow the Martian dust like sandstorm around.
One day on Mars only lasts 23 Earth hours.
It takes 687 days for Mars to orbit around the Sun.
There is water on Mars, but it is either frozen or underground.
If Earth is on the opposite side of the Sun, it is 400 million kilometres.
When Earth is on the same side with Mars, it is only 55 million kilometres.
The atmosphere on Mars contains mostly carbon dioxide and some water vapour.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!