Eddie

Eddie was my dog. He had soft, brown tufts of fur and he was constantly wagging his tail. His tongue stuck out all the time because he liked to lick you all the time. I loved Eddie so, so, so much that I wanted to bring him to school.
I would ask mum but she always said “No dogs are allowed in school!”
And every time I ask dad he says “Do you know how much trouble you would get in?”
My favourite place to take Eddie was the park. We would sit under the big willow tree and I would read to him. He loved that.
An amazing thing about Eddie was that he was small. One day I was packing my school bag and saw Eddie. I looked around to see if anyone was watching me and then lifted Eddie up and put him in my bag. When we were in the car I felt really nervous. I was hot and sweaty. Maybe it was because I attempted to smuggle my dog into school. We finally arrived at the school gates and I just about fainted. I managed to get past a bunch of 8th graders and the vice principal without them noticing.
The most nerve racking thing was when I walked through the classroom door. I was late and when your late people stare at you as you walk through the door. All eyes were on me and I could feel detention or suspension getting closer.
“Woof!” Oh no, I was busted for sure. Wait… Nobody noticed. “Woof!”
“What was that?” asked Clementine looking at my bag.
Mrs Glocker turned her huge body around and glared at me through her spectacles. “My…uh…ringtone!”
Mrs Glocker turned around to face the board again.
“Woof!” Mrs Glocker stomped her way over to me.
“Show me your phone!” She demanded.
“It’s in my bag.”
Mrs Glocker reached her giant hand into my bag and pulled out Eddie.
“HAHAHA!” The room was full of laughter.
“Silence!” Yelled Mrs Glocker holding Eddie by the neck. His soft, brown tufts of fur were standing on end and his tail was between his legs. He had sad eyes and his tongue stopped hanging out.
“Lola!” Mrs Glocker boomed. “Is this your dog?”
“No…Yes”
“DETENTION!” She threw Eddie into my arms as I dragged my bag to detention. As I walked down the hall everybody stared at me and Eddie. I saw people nudging each other and pointing to me.
Detention was boring. You couldn’t talk, phones were confiscated and worst of all… You had to write down the words from the school rulebook. The teacher was asleep so really you could do whatever. But just in case he wakes up you need to copy down you’re lines. When I got home I didn’t tell mum or dad. I didn’t tell anyone but for the rest of year. Eddie and I were still best buds and nothing in the whole entire world could change that.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!