Hazard Radars

Dear Diary, 25.02.2034
I'm writing to inform you that I have never had a diary. My friends were doing this, so I thought I could try too, they say it's therapeutic, I might as well get things off my chest. My name is Callie Aarons, I'm 16 years old, My hair is long with the colour hot toffee, I have the classic blue topaz eye colour, and a light skin tone. I bet your waiting to hear about my secret, I have a special power that lets me see danger on a scale, Children would be 1, An Assassin would be 6. I met a new kid at school today, I could sense a scale coming up. In my head the scale’s background , slowly the numbers started fading in, I saw a 1. As I thought, she was harmless, but then a zero started fading in next to the 1, Uh Oh! It was a 10, that meant she was dangerous. “My name is Erika” Erika said. I don't know how and when but I'm going to find out why your so dangerous “Erika”.

Dear Diary, 05.03.2034
I became Erika’s friend, I know she lives at 6 Blood Hill Drive, that's pretty creepy, Erika and her family are all going out to dinner at Brokehill Avenue and won't be back until 3:00am, it's 2:55pm. I need to find as much as I can.

Dear Diary, 06.03.2034
I searched through Erika’s room and found multiple traces of witchcraft, no wonder she's was a 10. It was dark magic, like voodoo dolls. I took a picture of them all and left her room, I searched the rest of the house. I had found it was just Erika who had been using the dark magic, I wonder if her parents even knew about her doing this stuff. The last place I had to check was her parent’s room, as I was rummaging through their stuff I came across a big cardboard box that said ‘Erika's Diaries’. I took the box and ran.

Dear Diary, 08.03.2034
Today I finished reading Erika's diaries, I learnt that she's attempting to try release demons into this world, I need to get rid of her. I tied my hair into a messy back bun, Scarlet red lipstick smudged on, And I put on the darkest clothes I had. I took my Witch Slayer knife. And I texted Erika to meet at an abandoned place. I set off

Dear Diary, 10.03.2034
I swung my knife at Erika, she fell to the ground. I thought she was gone until she stood up, she pulled the knife and grinned and said “Was that supposed to hurt?” “ I thought you were gone!” I screamed, “Honey I'm already dead, you can't kill me” “Also I know you know my secret” she said slyly. She started coming towards me, until the police showed up armed, they took her away. She's gone! Thanks for listening Diary.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!