We Came To Australia

We Came to Australia
“Boom!”
I could hear the loud bang from a bomb. We were in war.
“Boom! “
I knew I had to run but my right ear went deaf. I couldn’t hear too well but the sound of the explosion stayed with me for a long time. I couldn’t move. I was petrified in fear and I couldn’t even concentrate.
“Boom!”
This explosion motivated me to run it basically shook me into action. I took off to the beach. I saw a fishing boat.
“Boom!”
I fell from this powerful boom. I climbed back up but my legs didn’t want to cooperate. I could see a fisherman running towards me and a group of men coming to my aid. I could feel the sand under me, falling behind, as they helped me go up onto the boat.
This boat seemed small only about 4 metres by 10 metres and there were already lots of us on the boat. Lots of scared people soon to be refugees.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!