Basketball Fever

At the Campvale Cat’s home stadium, Jordan, Jake and their mates were practicing for the Cats rep team Grand Final tomorrow. "We're going to win!" exclaimed Jordan. "Because we've got the winning team!" They were practicing dribbling, when a large BOOM surrounded them. Everyone, including the coach, ran out to see what had happened. Jordan and Jake stayed back. They knew it was a very loud BOOM but weren't worried. After half an hour they came out, for no one came back in. Soon they could see why. They walked out. They were TINY! As small as an ant. They soon realized that the large BOOM must've shrunk them. They didn't know what to do. They thought and thought and thought, but no ideas came to them. But after a while Jake sat up in a bolt. "I know!" he cried, "Lets go to the wizard's house!" "You mean Wizard Willow?" Jordan asked. "Of course I am!" Jake was getting annoyed now. "He would know what the BOOM was about. He could've sent it for all we know." Jordan knew this was the only plan they had, so they started the long walk to Wizard Willow's House. The journey took days, and by the time they got there, they had grown even smaller. they crawled under the door to the Wizard's house. "Hello?" Jake called, "Anyone home?" no one answered. The two boys decided to go on the table; the Wizard might spot them there. CRASH. A sound came. It was the Wizard! Would he help them? "Hello?" called Jake. The Wizard looked at them. His mouth hang open in surprise. Then without saying a word he dashed out to what looked like the potion room. "Oh great. Now he will never help us." said Jordan. They waited a few more minutes to see if the wizard will change his mind. He didn't. They left in great sorrow, because they didn't want to stay small, FOREVER. "Hey wait! Tiny people, WAIT! I found they potion." panted Wizard Willow. "I knew what happened as soon as I saw you." The Wizard handed them the potion. They thanked the wizard and headed out. Back to the Basketball stadium. When they arrived they were now they size of a tiny piece of dirt that you never see. They had to hurry. They poured the potion on the stadium, and they poured the potion on themselves. Success! The wizard had given them the right potion! Soon after the game, (which they won) they went to the wizards house to thank them. "It was no problem boys. I actually sort of needed to, because i um, sorta, um, made the boom myself?" the wizard left in a hurry before the boys figured out what he said. When the boys figured it out, they laughed and put their gifts on the table. They liked their little adventure, but as sure as anything, they didn't want to do it again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!