One Day At A Time

As I sit in a public chair, I catch many suttle stares; from people who don't care

I may have no clothes, I may be hungry, I may not keep my oaths,
although I'm old and wonky; But I remain composed for those young and naive, although most of the time I will just leave

My home is the world; just like yours: but I curl on the streets lying on trespassed floors. My money tin shouts as I sing out : "I'm poor, I'm old, please help out! " I move to different destinations, eager to find some inspiring motivation. But what is luck if everything you own is yuck ?

Shadows overcome me and my feet collapse, I look below and watch the sparrows eating sap; If only I had fuel, I'd create a dual, between poor and rich: that's a fact. Yet, I am trapped in an invisible sack that prevents the facts.

The sun shone bright and my depression turned, I'm now in a home living the life I yearned; I have loaned clothes, I call my own: my own loo and shoes that I consider brand new, I earn by cooking on a little stove in the park, listening to sizzles as I embark a new start. This is the beginning at least I'm not thinning.

From strife to fight always forgive, as that could echo on the life you later live.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!