Having A Go!


Today was a dream come true. Maddison had finally invented “The Slime Machine 2000”.

How the Slime Machine worked was pretty easy. There was a dial which had names of different slimes which turned the ingredients into any type of slime. You begin by pressing a button which looked like a colourful blob of slime and it then made it into the selected slime of ones choosing. There was an invention competition which was to occur in a week and the prize was to advertise your invention. Maddie had always dreamt of being rich and so this was an opportunity to advertise her invention.

In the days leading up to the invention competition, she prepared her speech to explain how the Slime Machine worked and practiced by perfecting her slime making as she was very determined to win the competition.

Just a day away from the invention competition Maddison was so excited and her mum was so proud of her daughter, as she was having a go. As Maddie tried to sleep she was too excited. Eventually she did fall off to sleep. When she woke up the next morning she went on snapchat and started her posting by shouting with excitement and saying “Oh My Goodness people, today is my invention competition and I am so happy, do wish me luck!” as she posted this, she received many responses with all saying “Good luck and have fun”. Her friends were all so supportive and as she prepared, her mum called out “Maddie come on I don't want you to be late”, Maddie went out the back and came rushing with a wheelbarrow as it was big enough to fit her machine. She wheeled it all the way into the car and they drove to the competition.

Maddison arrived early to the competition and unloaded her machine. As she got close to the competition start time and was 5 minutes from commencing, she felt so scared because she found out her demonstration is not in front of just the judges but was to take place in front of an audience. Her mum hugged her and gave her a kiss and said "just give it your best my dear". It was time to get out onto the stage, the moments had slowed down as she saw all her friends, the crowd and her heart was pounding. Maddison took a deep breathe and found the courage to say to her self, "this is my moment and I can do it". She proceeded carefully and said her speech, as she gained courage and went through her display of the The Slime Machine 2000, by giving her best. As she walked off the stage she was nervous but knew that she gave it her best and it was now up to the judges. There were other presenters as well after Maddison with some really good inventions as well.

Once everyone had presented, the judges then thought long and hard as they discussed about all the presenters. It was difficult to choose because there were some really good inventions. They then finalised their decision then there was a drum-roll to make it feel and sound special and the spotlight was made to circle the inventions, stopping and shining on Maddison's invention. What a moment, a rush of joy and happiness when Maddison realised that it was her that was the chosen one. She had won the competition.

Her mum and friends were so proud of her and it was an excellent story of, if one has a go and tries their best they too could end up a winner some day. As the days went by Maddison got her prize advertised in the paper a week later, which was funding to build a proper slime machine and to sell the product to kids that enjoy playing with slime. Similarly, it was to be sold in all the major shopping outlets. As for those that had participated in the competition they all received a medal for their participation, with the reminder to keep striving and trying, as there are more competitions to come.

THE END!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!