I Never Saw It Coming

Wake up! Wake up! My Dad was shaking me. I finally got up and when I did I could hear people screaming. I could see little possums and other animals running away when I looked out the window. This was weird because I did not know what was going on. My dad was panicking then all of a sudden I heard helicopters flying over our little town. I could smell and taste smoke as it wafted through the air was there a fire? It was 2 am and I was so tried. Then I suddenly heard this voice saying stay away was it a police officer? I walked out to see what was wrong there where police and ambulances and fire fighters. People were getting loaded into the hundreds of ambulances. I was curious so I went closer and I saw deadly rushing lava down rocks and water streams and people’s houses where on fire and some were ash.

Fireballs were coming down from the sky suddenly I realised I wasn’t from the sky it was from a volcano my heart started pounding really fast I thought it was going to explode. I went back in my Dad was packing bags and said"We have to leave" but we had no car and it was getting closer to us every second. We tried to get out of the smoky bit in the house but it felt like it had taken over the house I started coughing really badly. We could hear all the ambulances and fire trucks and people running away

We ran for the door but it had disintegrated into ash by the lava the right wall lit up in flames and lava was leaking through the cracks. Smash! a fireball smashed through the roof. My heart was pounding so much I thought I would have a heart attack we had to get to the highest point in the house and that was the kitchen table the legs were burning more and more each second we had to jump. But there was no were to jump the whole house was almost burnt down there was nothing but us the table and fire without telling me my dad threw me out the house and I hit the ground with a thud! the pain was like a spear just went right through my body I could hardly get up and walk but the bigger problem was my dad was still in there with the table almost burning and he could not make it out and he had saved my life I had to do something the house was starting to crumble and he would get squashed what could I do? Then suddenly I heard the wall crumble and a loud scream and I couldn't see a thing. Was my dad still alive?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!