Saturday Night, Imagination Night!

Saturday Night, Imagination Night!

I fall down onto the comfortable, red and lush beanbag. Immediately, my body stands back up almost without my control. I took several strides to the kitchen table. The cold, soft leather chair has a new visitor as I sit on it. My arm stretched out five million miles to make the journey from the seat to my computer. My hand curled around the hard, cold capsule. Milliseconds later, the right hand also got a grip on the small computer. Now, to get around this area, it is like an obstacle course! First, you need to get through the tricky decision; which route to take! Is it the treacherous left course, or is it the ever-so-tiring long distance triple-turn? My mind races, this dizzying-decision might get me to faint if it takes too long. I say aloud “LEFT!” First obstacle, the doorway. If I touch the door, quintillions of splinters will pierce my body. If I touch the doorframe, then my shoulder will feel the pain of a hard punch in the shoulder. Someone slid the door to its halfway point. I turn my body around to avoid the two threats. Yes I made I- the smallest little drop almost makes me stumble. Now, for a very hard one, what I called the Squeak Avoider. These polished, beautiful and smooth wooden planks can turn on you if you put too much pressure on them, and then my mum will shout at you for making too much noise. I see their angry faces in the patterns. I do not pay attention to the seventh floorboard and it screams out. Uh-Oh. I quickly duck behind the couch. “WHO’S THERE? I AM TRYING TO WATCH THIS SHOW!” bellowed Mum. I try not to show my identity, after all, I am ducking behind the couch. After about what seemed like years, my body took another risk. I examine every single plank, as if I am looking for an exotic object. Slowly, I place my feet on the wooden floorboards. After an eternity, I finally made it through. Now the last obstacle. Do I take the route past the fire and feel myself cook, or do I make a jump over the couch? I get a run-up and focus my eyes on the couch. I bolt towards it like a bull seeing a waving red flag. I leap up and grasp the couch, hoisting myself over. I gracefully landed on the couch, right next to my dad who has his eyes locked on the huge TV. I have done it. I have beaten the harshest obstacle course in all of history. I place the small device right in front of my beanbag and my hand immediately reaches for the power button. In a flash, the laptop turns on. I am ready for a tremendous night.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!