Terror Tundra

"Another wintry morning, I don't want to be late for school. The train will arrive in five, and I've still got to cross the road...
The harsh killer blizzard winds devastated me. The spirit that motivated me slowly escaped my body transforming into nothing. My dry and battered limbs started to freeze. Soon I will be a limping solid snowman.
Every breath I take is like razor blades that pierce and chills my cool lungs. I endure the horror of this murderous, savage and merciless environment. Every second the overbearing pain overtakes my little courage. My sweat crystallises into black ice, my hair twist and curls into icy diamond spears.
I attempt to take a sip of water from my bottle, but all it is, just another block of ice. Frostbite runs all over my hands and feet. It can't get harder than this I thought. Then… Snap! I twist my heavy head to see the brittle rope attached to my sleigh, fail to cling.
I continue to journey through the absolute zero degree environment the snow moulds onto my face, and covers it in white camouflage. The only colour I see is ghost white.
Now I found myself crawling, soon I will be buried and will be digging like a helpless mole. It feels like I've been created out of snow. The blizzard yells louder, trying to pop my ears, and attempts even more to conclude my futile journey.
Then a burst of light appears. It is my safe haven. Hearing the joyous shouts of my mates, was one of the most touching and heart-warming moments of my life. I awkwardly raised myself and limped towards the station, with warm relief, knowing I endured the terror tundra… all because I accidentally tripped over a pothole, as I crossed the road, to get to the other side."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!