The 5 Stages Of Joy

In this beautiful world, we are withered and lost. In this beautiful world, we live in pure anxiety and trust. Why, oh why, does god keep trying to make us lonely? When we are covered in scars, can you heal me smiling together? I’ve built a chamber, rejecting living as is, yet your smile intruded, thwarting my misery. Though at the end of this dishevelled road we call life you walk alone, will you continue to step on it, no matter the beleaguerment? Sometimes, Eve, I may feel crestfallen, lugubrious; but it doesn’t matter, because you stand by me, sharing my never-ending pain. So, when you feel down, can I do the same? Whenever I am with you, I can smile.

I’ve wanted to fly across this road’s blockades but wings I didn’t bear. So, why now, do your hands suddenly become the wings I’m missing. Let us intertwine our fingers more, so that these wings sprout through the pain. Wings with stairs reaching the sunlight. But no matter the resolve, life’s roads concave endless twists and turns. Signs that say what should I do, what should I eat, even what should I become. I’ve never felt this way before. Am I becoming an adult? Adult. What is an adult? Is it leaving adolescence, maturing, having no fun? But what fun can come in this land-filth called home. Yet, you looked at me, smiling and laughing, as if curing my existentialism. Maybe with you, being an adult wouldn’t be so bad. Whenever I am with you, I can smile.

Holding your hands, that’s the road I have chosen now, and whether fate chose my destiny or not is a complex articulation. Every sin I've committed up to now built the foundation to my road. But the choice is now your will; Will you walk with me, will you run with me, will you spread your wings and fly with me? Will you crawl with me; can I continue this road of life with you next to me? Whenever I am with you, can you smile with me?

I will never walk alone, the warmth in your hand is enough to make me whole. Yes, I never walk alone, with your love, I know I am human, thence I’ll love you ever-more. No matter whether you crawl, walk, run or fly, like neodymium, you’ll attract me, forevermore. With you, I’ve finally found the road I want to walk; where you and I embrace each other's hands, smiling towards an infant by your chest. Though this road is long and arduous, will you stay with me? Though we may fall and become pained, will you smile with me? Starting today, I never walk alone.

In this beautiful world, we are withered and lost. In this beautiful world, we live in pure anxiety and trust. Why, oh why, does god keep trying to make us lonely? So we can find a special someone else, for together, we all can blissfully laugh and smile.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!