Yet

I walked through cold puddles dragging my feet along the damp uneven bricks , walking under each street light slowly as the soft Amber glow lit up my path , my hands rested gently in the pockets of my grey trousers, I continued down the street , it seemed oddly abandoned and quiet , but I didn't think much of it , it was night time after all. I paused and looked up , the dull twinkling stars dancing in the sky , slowly being overtaken by dark clouds.
Suddenly I felt an icy cold hand rap around my arm harshly , I was swung around and met by the face of a man , his teeth yellow and gross, his face pale , overtaken by long oily strands of his dark brown hair. Unsure of how to react , all I could make out was "-sir?..." As I swallowed the lump in my throat , the man smiled , showing more of his teeth , he moved his face closer to mine , his fowl breath reaching my nose as I tried not breathe , my hands flung out my pockets as I desperately tried pushing him away. The man began laughing , his voice sounding croaky , I felt my head begin to burn and fear build up as I squirmed in his grip , I went to yell but was interrupted,his hand raised holding a small scrunched up peace of paper , I looked to him , confusion taking over fear , I gave him direct eye contact , his brown and red puffy eyes staring into my soul , "I'm Daniel Mayne" he smiled , jerking his hand to meĀ  , practically hitting the paper to my chest "take it" he growled , causing me to jump , I took the paper out of his hand , the damp object making me feel sick , hesitantly, I opened it up , the crumpling noise echoing in my ears , a single sentence was revealed , a sentence that sent chills down my spine 'I know what you did James' it read , the lump instantly returned in my throat as questions raced through my mind "h-how do you know my name.?..." I asked , but was only answered with a creepy and chilling smile , "I-I haven't.... Haven't done anything ...sir" I stuttered , confused and scared "yet " Daniel replied ... Before walking off , I felt myself shiver and my knees grow weak , yet? I watched as he walked away , I once again washed away the lump in my throat , my legs began to move , my feet aching as they touched the ground , I regrettably decided to follow him , to see where he goes , my breath began creating sharp , white swirls in the cold night air , as I continued my way down the path , anxiously following him , the words repeating in my head , one word especially sticking to my mind painfully 'yet'.

I didn't mean to kill him , I was sat in the cell , nervously pacing , the scene replayed in my head continuously ... I killed Daniel , I don't know how , or even why , the memory is so brief , but I knew one thing ... He knew it would happen.
He knew me , he knew I'd follow him , he knew everything ,but how? , I went insane asking myself
Who is Daniel?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!