Rainy Days

I looked out my window, watching it trickle down. Then my brilliant idea came. I put on my warm coat and my gumboots. Quickly I reached to get my umbrella. I stepped outside into, some would say, misery. I stared into the grey clouds above me. All of a sudden it came down hard. I started jumping through puddles as I ran for shelter. Under the bus stop, I gazed out. It all came from the greyness above.

Once it stopped pouring I decided to get out and about. Still holding my umbrella above my head, I set off for the park. Out of the corner of my eye I could see people staring at me. I didn’t care though I was used to people wondering why I loved the rain, I was used to all the staring it didn’t bother me at all. I ignored the little kids that looked at me out their bedroom window. I knew that they were wondering why I didn’t just go home and get warm. But they had their reasons and I had mine,so I continued my way to the park. Once I arrived there, the rain had stopped completely. After wiping the seat, I sat down onto the swing. I started rocking back and forwards. I never knew why I had always loved the rain. But I knew I did love the rain and as I jumped of the swing and started to head home I smiled. Not for any reason. I just smiled the whole twenty minutes walk home. I opened up the front door and breathed deeply, rain yes rain.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!