Dancing Lights

Walking through the forest,On a beautiful Summer's sunset,and see a flickering light show,going on and off, like an alarm.

Fireflies,such magnificent things,so breathtaking to watch,making me want to sing.

I get out a jar,ready to catch the flashes,
one swing,two swings,Finally! I catch the flying glow.

It lights up the jar,so intensely like the sun,
trying to get out, because it's clear,but no matter how much it tries,it just can't escape.

I examine it flashing across my room,pondering to myself,'How do they do that? How is it possible?'
and catch it back in the jar.

I visit the forest again,and plod to the same spot where I found it,say my last goodbye,and see it fly away, into the wilderness.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!