Unconcious In Paradise

As you stare at the wide green canopy above your head, you think this is paradise. Pure paradise. Your guide leads the way through the thick undergrowth then you hear a menacing slithering sound that feels like it doesn't only fill the air it flows through your bones making you feel a sense of fear and you almost want run away and hide. But you stand your ground not feeling scared but instead feeling an intriguing sense that you want to find out what was behind the dense green bushes and vines of the amazon. Then you snap out of it and look around for your guide, but he was long gone. As you come to a conclusion and realise what is happening, it is too late to run. You get swallowed up by a green and grey mottled cloak around a thick trunk-like body that was meters long in length and had a squeezing grip like iron. I was dying slowly and steadily. My world became blacker and blacker as the animal squeezed harder and harder. Eventually I felt like I just couldn't hold on and my world when midnight black.
I woke up panting and sweating like a polar bear in the Sahara. I had a horrible dream about my trip to the amazon, but luckily I was still alive because it had felt so real. Then I looked around and my heart sank in my stomach and I felt sick. It was real. I was in this vast cave that was littered with bones of… humans! I felt sick again and I just promptly vomited long and hard. When I was done a silky voice filled my head and brain and it felt like, no it was flowing through my bones making me shiver severely and I felt colder than I've ever been before he laughed horribly and I looked around for the raspy, deep voice that filled the cavernous room like cave that surrounded me. Then I saw a hand poking out from a small opening that was in the rock wall behind me. I crawled slowly towards it not wanting the thing that was talking to me. Then I speed crawled to the light hole that was almost waiting for me and then I stepped out and the hand that was waiting for me was my guide.
Thank you so much, I can't explain how much I owe you. He just smiled at me and said in a thick accent I couldn't recognise, “You don't owe me lady, you just have my blessings for your next trip to the amazon.” I wondered how he knew I was going to come next year? I just shrugged and thought about my wonderful bed waiting for me to sink into it. The only thing I wondered was, who or what, was that voice whispering in the cavern. Well that was for next time I decided as I climbed into my soft bed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!