The 7 Friends That Save The Environment

As the sun filtered through the forest, a person named Poky had friends. Porky and Hedgy were related but Spike and Spiky were siblings. They lived in a forest.

While they were living happily, one day they realized that something was wrong in the forest. Suddenly out of the quiet of the forest they heard people talking - then they saw what they were doing, it was horrible! The people were cutting down the trees! The friends saw a little girl and boy with the group of people. The 2 kids came to where they were, so Porky and Hedgy spoke up and said, “Hey! Why are you cutting trees down! You do know they are very precious to animals and people!”
The kids said, “We know that and we don't cut down trees, our parents do it, we try to tell them to stop but they won't.”
So the friends said, “Ok, we need to get a solution for our problem.”

So they brainstormed some ideas. Stop cutting down trees, Stop polluting, Plant lots of trees, Grow lots of plants. All of these ideas were good. Then the girl got an idea, it was to make a book, then they can copy lots of them so they can give it to their neighboring streets. Everyone thought that was a great idea. Then they had to go, so before they left the boy said, “When we get back home we will start working on the book, then when we come back, we will bring it so you can read it and see if it is good. If it is good then we will copy lots of it then sell it.”

So they said bye to each other. When the kids got home they started immediately, it took a while, but they finished it before their next trip to the forest. When it was time to go back to the forest they remembered to take the finished work with them. All of the friends met in the forest and they waited for the kids to get to the forest. Finally they came and they showed the book, and Porky, Hedgy, Spike, Spiky and Poky said, “That is great! Now all you need to do is copy a lot of it then sell it.”

So when it was time for the kids to go they realized something special - they were all best friends! That’s why instead of calling them ‘5 friends’ we should start calling them ‘7 friends’. At home the kids copied 30 more books and then they sold it to lots of people, even the city council read it and they thought it was great and called the 2 kids in for tea. So everyone read it and they all tried to stop polluting the land and cutting trees and started planting more trees and growing more plants, so that’s how the 7 best friends saved the environment, and they lived happily ever after.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!