Violet And Henry

Once upon a time their lived two children. Wait, before we start I promise you that this story isn’t going to be one of those magical stories, it’s a story that is going to leave you in suspense. Let’s start again, once there lived two children named Violet and Henry who lived on a farm with their nanny.
“Henry, Violet, time for dinner” called Nanny Margaret.

One day, while Violet and Henry were feeding the pigs they heard foot steps behind the hedge. They were being watched. “Henry”? Violet whispered with a crack in her voice. Both of them turned around very slowly hoping that no one would be there. “Oh, hello there”, they leaped from their squat and screamed, they got such a fright even the pigs were squealing. “Don’t worry children I’m a friend of your nanny Margaret, I didn’t mean to scare you”. It was very hard for them to stay scared for long because somehow her English accent was strangely calming . “Anyhoo I best be off, Margaret will be expecting me. Toodaloo”. “ There’s something strange about that lady” Henry announced strongly.

“Henry? Henry?” He had disappeared. Violet was screaming at the top of her lungs. Suddenly she could hear sirens, she could see red and blue flashing lights all around her. She had no idea what was happening but she was too scared to turn around and find out, so her only instinct was to run. Before she could she felt a net grab at her, she wasn’t even sure if it was a net. Smoke was making her eyes water and her skin was burning, but where was the smoke coming from? Suddenly everything went black.

The next day she woke up in a bed beside Henry. Where was she? Was she in hospital? She could see signs and everything became clear when she finally gained the strength to read them, “Psychiatric Clinic.” Violet started screaming for help and finally a nurse came, and shut the door. Violet could hear the nurses talking, they said that Henry and Violet had started a fire. “This is all wrong, this is all wrong!” exclaimed Violet. Suddenly three nurses entered the room, they checked Henry’s blood pressure and after about two minutes wheeled him out of the room. Violet heard one of the nurses whisper “he’s a goner”. “This can’t be right!” she yelled.

That was the end of it. Violet never saw him again! Two years later Violet was released from the hospital and she moved to Scotland with her uncle. Henry was dead, and as for the weird lady, she has been put in jail because they found traces of her DNA at the crime scene. Violet lived in her bedroom all alone with no one to talk to. Then, a couple of weeks later, Violet heard a knock on her door, when she opened it she saw someone she thought she would never see again. Can you guess who it was?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!