That Darn Possum

"Ow Ollie Careful with the Wheel Chair". "Sorry Dad". This is the story of how my dad even got to be in a Wheel Chair.
It all started one Wednesday morning at about 3 o'clock in the morning. My dad woke up with a start to the sound of glass smashing. He walked outside to see a possum just sitting there next to a smashed glass . My dad didn't want it there so he started off with the casual "Shoo,Shoo", but it wouldn't budge. Soooo he did the next logical thing of course. He picked up a cushion and hit it!! The possum was a bit cranky with Dad after that so the possum decided to open it's mouth and say "Is that the best you've got?" My dad stepped back in awe. He rubbed his eyes and thought he must be dreaming. Seeing that it had shocked my dad didn't stop him from making it's next move. The possum ran to the paw paw tree. Dad ran over to the tree that the possum had jumped onto and he shook it and shook it. The possum just climbed down a little and appeared to smile cheekily at Dad. Dad continued his frantic shaking BUT then the tree snapped and my dad fell off the balcony onto the grass far below. And what where his last words before being moved to the hospital " THAT DARN POSSUM!!!!!".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!