Saved

‘’Where are we going?’’ Ian asked his girlfriend.
‘’It is a surprise” she replied.
They walked in the door only to find themselves in a butcher’s shop. "What are we doing here?"
"You'll see.” They walked through another doorway and there was really loud music. Everyone was dancing to the beat. Ian felt something drip on his head. He swiped it away only to stare at his blood-smeared hand.
Ian looked up. Another drop then another drop. Suddenly the sprinklers were raining with blood. They were all vampires except Ian.

Blade swooped in and all the vampires turned their attention from Ian to face Blade. Frantically they tried to escape but Blade aimed his gun and fired.
Blade raised his pure silver sword and charged Michael, a well-known vampire. Slice, his hand tumbled to the floor. Blade then shot two silver arrows in Michael’s arms. Finally he set Michael on fire when the arrows exploded!
The door burst open with the police and fire brigade pouring in. They drowned Michael and rushed him to the hospital where Karen and Kyle checked him out. Kyle was cutting his clothes when suddenly Michael woke up and bit Kyle!
Kyle laid on the floor bleeding from his neck. Michael also bit Karen but did not finish sucking all the blood. Blade arrived to finish Michael off but the cops were attacking Blade.
"Are you crazy?” asked Blade.
"Get on the floor!” the police shouted. Blade ran around searching for a place to escape with Karen. He wanted to save her. They jumped into a passing car. Whistler was at the wheel.
Whistler handed Blade a needle with garlic in it and after being injected Karen fell asleep.
When Karen woke up she looked around but she was all alone. Slowly rising she cautiously headed for the large metal door. Once outside she started to run.
I was going for a stroll in the park when I spotted an old face glaring at me through the window of an abandoned house. Then another and another… millions, all surrounding me. One was so close that I thought it was going to eat me until I was nothing but skin and bone!
It stretched to take a bite. I woke up just in time. I realised it was just a dream. “Phew” I cried in relief. Even though I am a vampire, I still have nightmares. My mother was bitten while giving birth to me.
I have the strengths of an immortal but I do not have any of their weaknesses. I can stand silver, garlic and a vampire’s worst nightmare the ‘sun’.
Unfortunately, I still have a thirst for blood. When I was still a teenager, I lived with the homeless. I fed off their blood until a man named Whistler, who I nearly killed, realised what I was and saved me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!