Race To The Aurora

One night in Richmond, Kentucky there was a subtle glow in the sky. After people noticed it people were mystified.
“What is this weird light in the sky, is it an aurora?” exclaimed one estranged stargazer. “If only I could find its source…”
Meanwhile in Olšk, Norway another stargazer was puzzled. He wanted to fly a drone in space above it. He would use the photos to make himself enough money to set up his ‘Extra Terrestrial Life Scanner’. If he found an alien, he would sell it for trillions of dollars and he would become the richest man on Earth.
The stargazer in Kentucky was developing a quadcopter with space for a human passenger, this manned quadcopter would be the first of its kind, he would use it to track the source which was coming from somewhere in the Aegean Sea.
The stargazer in Olšknwas also finishing his drone, made out of titanium, and with polonium and radium coated on the outside it would destroy all other aircraft around it.
The manned quadcopter was ready. The stargazer set off to Greece. Over the Aegean Sea he noticed some lava. It was coming from a volcano in the southern area of the sea. Then he noticed he Norwegian’s drone. He saw it and it looked green. He realised it was radioactive and he scooped up some lava with his lava net and flung it at the drone. It was covered in lava and the radiation was blocked but it was still flying and the American stargazer wanted to find the glow’s source first.
He flew down to the other side of the volcano, and then he saw it, a hydrothermal vent. He also saw very odd-looking fish. He decided to do the right thing and called the Marine Society of Europe and they sent a rover to investigate. The rover found over 100 species of new fish as well as a whole colony of dodo birds on the volcano island. The stargazer was rewarded for his actions by having a membership of the Marine Society as well as a fish named after him, Americanus Stargazerus was a black snake-like fish with little white dots on it. The stargazer worked as a marine biologist for the next 40 years and had a happy retirement. For the Norwegian stargazer, he just got a lava-covered drone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!