Camping

“Arghhhh!” Yelled Jim. I thought this camping trip was going to be good but it’s already started badly. My mate Jim fell of his bike while we were on a bike ride. He had grazed his leg really badly. So we returned to our camp site and put Jim in the swag to let him rest. He said to us that he was in a lot of pain. We let him rest in the swag while Bob my other mate and I went off to get the camp fire ready for the night. By time we got back with our supplies it was nearly dark so we had to get the camp fire ready. We needed it going well so we could cook our dinner for that night. After dinner we stacked the fire, then went to bed. We woke up the next morning and we were lucky we didn’t get burnt because there was a fast burning bush fire nearby. It had burnt the opposite way of where we were camping. We were stressed and could feel the burning heat. We very quickly loaded our supplies into the car but the car wouldn’t start. I tried to turn it over a few times but it wouldn’t start. So we had no other option other than to run and get away from the the fire. It was so hot and we were running as fast as we could. I could feel the sweat dripping down my back. We eventually reached a road. I said to my mates, “we are just going to have to wait here until a car comes”. It didn’t take long for a car to come along the road when it came within distance I put my hand out and yelled “stop!” The car stopped. I knew who it was. It was our school teacher from back in year 11. “Can you help us to get to safety?” I asked The response was “yes”. We jumped in and we new we were safe now. Just as we called the CFA we saw a big, red truck roaring past. They were already on their way to put the fire out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!