Pain

The rain rushed down my face. I wipe the tears off. The bright red blood lit up my leg. I peered down at it, there was a hole going straight through my lower leg “Aaahhh!” I moaned. I looked around and saw a bright green leaf and wrapped it around my leg to stop the blood. It turned out that the leaf turned bright red, it didn’t feel better.

I started to feel dizzy. I was losing too much blood. The pain was getting to my nerves.
I trudged across the leafy scrub trying to ignore the pain, but I couldn’t ignore it. I loaded my gun into position to fight the war for my life. I couldn’t walk much longer. In fact I wasn’t walking, I was limping in pain. I dropped to the floor. Then I spotted a ditch close by. I scrambled on the ground. The ditch was dark and deep. I made my leg comfortable on a pile of leaves.

BANG!!!! Far ahead bombs started firing. I limped as fast as I could through the plains. I stopped in my tracks “Holy guacamole!” I wanted to say, but there was not enough time. There was a mountain of dead bodies stacked on top of one another. I smelt the blood filled air. It stank! I wondered if I would be in that mountain soon. I was still limping with blood pouring out my leg and still felt dizzy.

BANG!!!! five other bombs blew up. I felt the vibration in the ground. I quickly rushed and tried to run but I tripped on my dead leg. Blood spilled out and the background sound effects made me wonder if I could live any longer. My breathing was heavy. I desperately wanted to live. If only I had the life I had before any of this. My eyes started to well up in tears.
Then my breath gets slower… and slower….. and slower……..until my vision turns to bright yellow like the sun, but was no sun. Just dust, and dark clouds blocking it. Then my vision dies, and I think my body is too.

I lay on the ground not knowing where I am, and why I’m here. The blood emerging out of my leg didn’t hurt. I felt nothing. No feelings, no pain, no sound and no blood flowing in my body making me live. But I hear the older dead bodies in heaven having fun. All the people that lived, and for me… well it’s the end of me.

2 years later: 1967

The war grew greater and greater but no one won. The world was now dark and miserable and bad memories lay in the dark grey dust. The earth was dark from the dust that covered light. The wildlife and nature was no longer there anymore. Nothing was left in the vast land around. But maybe someday the world will change and be more colourful. Unlike the world we have today. If only…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!