Vigilante Unit

The hardest part about my job is keeping my cool, till the time is right. “Help,” says on girl “let us out,” says the other. All three of us are trapped in a small box rocking side to side, we seem to be in a car, bumping along the waiting to see where the two men in the front seats are going to take us. The box is hot and I am sweating I can almost feel a puddle of sweat drop beneath me. We have been in the box for about half an hour now and I hope we get there soon.
AHHHH the girls scream, we jolt to a stop and the two men roughly open the box and push us towards a small room. They are yelling but their voices are muffled because of there Balaclavas covering their mouths. The room is about the size of a small bathroom with a few under a dozen other girls crying for help. In the room, all there is is a small tap covered in fungi and rust, one light that could fuze out at any moment. One of the girls ask’s for a toilet and the man points to the small hole in the ground and laughs “I can see one right there” another girl ask’s for water and the same man kicks her softly and points to the fungi infested tap with a smirk on his face. All the men look at each other, laugh and walk out of the small room.
Remember what I told you about the timing thing, well now is the right time. I break free of the rope wrapped around my hand, I jump up and with full force kick the door down. I hear the girls screaming asking me where I'm going but I ignore them and keep on my mission. I quickly pick up a candle stick on a table that is set beside me, and before the men can get away I knock them down. I quickly untie two other girls so I have two ropes to tie up the men “I think you look cute this way” I say as I leave, ready to keep on going with my mission. I keep on running into the parking lot knocking over at least a dozen more security guards along my way. Once I get there I take the car the men drove us in, I mean, after all, it's the least they can do for taking all these girls. I get in the car and start driving. I call the police and tell them that the girls are in the small room, I still don't tell them who I am though I just say I witnessed it all happen.
After all this you're probably wondering what I just did and what kind of silent superhero I am, well I'm just an ordinary girl with a dark past who wants to make a difference.
it's time for a change.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!