Night Of Revenge

Cold was the night. Lena was wrapped up tight in her comfy doona, waiting for that one moment where she could prove to her family that Slappy was doing the mischief around the house and not her. She had kept Slappy locked in her closet so that he couldn't escape like the night before.

‘Creek’ shivers ran down Lena’s spine, hesitating to look Lena steadily turned to face the closet and it was open! ”I knew it” muttered Lena. As slow as a salamander Lena crept out of bed and followed Slappy down the corridor. Slappy’s skinny arms dangled by his side as he walked, “You aren't going to get away with this Slappy” She whispered to herself. Suddenly Slappy turned, Lena immediately ducked to the floor, “Did he see me?” Lena whispered to herself. Silence. Lena peered up to see if Slappy was there. He wasn't. Surely he was in Sarah’s room, I tiptoed across to Sarah’s room. Almost covering the whole wall was Sarah’s mural, it was a true work of art. Slappy was standing at Sarah’s painting table, he was holding a paintbrush and immersing it into some red paint.

I dove into Sarah’s room attacking Slappy, trying to get the paintbrush out of his wooden hands. Slappy started squirming around trying to escape from Lena’s custody. ’Flick’ the light snapped on and Slappy froze, his head hanging from Lena’s arm. ”Mum, Dad look what she’s up to now!” shouted Sarah angrily. ’Thump, thump. I heard Mum and Dad’s footsteps rapidly coming towards Sarah’s room. Lena, what are you up to now?” asked Dad.
“We already told you to cut it out” said Mum calmly trying not to lose her temper.
“Mum, Dad, Sarah you have to listen to me this time”, begged Lena “Slappy escaped from the closet and was going to destroy Sarah’s mural”
“As if liar” interrupted Sarah, “Why else would you be in my room and holding a paintbrush, do really you expect us to believe that your stupid dummy is doing all this?”
“But you turned the light on because you saw Slappy, right?’’ enquired Lena
“NO, I turned the light on because I saw YOU”, said Sarah angrily.

After a big long fight with Mum, Dad and Sarah I slowly walked back to my room. I knew I could prove to everyone that Slappy was the mischievous one. I Placed Slappy on the chair and turned the chair around, I hopped on to the bed, staring at the back of the chair. Just about when I was going to doze off to sleep the chair turned! Slappy’s blood-curdling smile was the first thing that caught my eye. ”Did you really think you could catch me?” hissed Slappy.
Lena froze,”Y-y-you c-can talk”, stuttered Lena
“B-but how? She asked Slappy
“Remember that sheet of paper in my pocket with the strange words that you read out?” queried Slappy, “Those words made me come to life, and now I’m here FOREVER!” roared Slappy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!