Oh No I Can Smell Smoke

“Hi my name is Hanna.” Hanna’s mum had just installed a new fireplace a couple of days ago.
She threw in her History assignment (which was only half finished) into the fireplace. The fire was melting it!
As she watched she noticed the fire was going upwards, more and more upwards. When the fire was just about to go onto the clothing, which was when she decided to back away.
It went onto the clothing. Then she went into the outdoor living room screaming “Fire, fire, fire in the living room!”
She bumped head first in to her mother, panting she said “fire!” “I seriously doubt that dearie.” Mother said sympathetically. Hanna took her arm and pulled her into the living room.
“Oh my Golly Gosh there IS a fire.” Mum called 000 “Fire, Fire at 35 Pellew street, Windsor Gardens 5087” Mum screeched into the telephone.
“Okay we are on our way” said the deep voice of the firefighter, which Hanna mysteriously recognised “Father” Hanna screeched.
“Oh, Hanna, I’m getting the team ready!”
“Bye” Mother and Hanna screeched at the same time.
“Jinx” Hanna giggled. “Ha Ha Ha” they laughed.
Finally, Mother regained her breath and said: “Now let’s evacuate!”
“Okay” Hanna choked as she was resisting the temptation to keep laughing. They rushed outside and into the street. “OMG there is a dinosaur on the street a stomping dinosaur at that” Hanna said astounded at what she could see.
“Hi” it grunted. “Did you know that there once was a, as they say angry dinosaur which just happened to be me: the stomping dinosaur! But everyone was scared of me rumour was that I had eaten over 10,000 humans which-” seeing the scared look on their faces “-Is not true. I am actually very nice in my friend’s opinion. But my appearance was not welcoming every time I entered the city everyone went to hide, the days I turned up in the village was known as Hide or Die Day. That was what they called till the 9th of April 2008 when I went into the deli to buy my favourite food Salmon I asked “Could I please have 2000 grams of Salmon” I left the shop and I went into my newly owned shop: The Salmon Parlour. Finally, after 2 days my first ever costumer ever: Frankie Billywinkle. He asked for 200 grams of Salmon. “That is $20 but because you are my first ever costumer I will make it $10. So $10 please.” And so I was not known as the angry dinosaur I was known as the Good Dinosaur and I had lots of friends.”
“Um where do you live?” Asked Mother.
“I live here on the street.”
“So you’re homeless?” Hanna asked.
“Yes I am.” “Oh, well you can come and live with us!”
“OK! Thank-you!” Then a few seconds later the fire fighters came and hosed down the fire, and everyone was happy!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!