Scar

Though little, Alexa Glenson had never felt such pain in her life. The pain of emotional distress, and the pain of neglection. Her scar is the very reminder that she was not wanted nor loved, that her family had ignored her very pleas to leave school. School is the one place many teenagers enjoy, seeing their friends and complaining about teachers, whereas Alexa trembled all day and cried all night, dreading the thought of returning. The pink line up her arm is the reminder that she was lost, in all her attempts she had been scared out of it. People were cruel in this world, none crueller than the very person who had caused Alexa to be alone, the boy that made her feel fat, ugly and unloved. Alexa was a thin, pale girl of 15 with dark chestnut hair, who despite being bullied and told she is ugly, was very beautiful. Not in the sense of being physically flawless, with the high cheekbones and luscious lips, but her heart beats strong as does her love and passion for reading and writing. She had no one, no friends nor boyfriend. Her family was a mess, her sister was the centre of attention and her father an alcoholic. Alexa never spoke to anyone, any but her keyboard, which had typed many stories. Her scar was a result of one boy. The very person who handed her a rope, even offering to tie the knot for her. The boy that turned everyone against her. She was in such self-hatred, she believed every insult, and even thanked him for letting her know. Because in her mind, she wanted to die, and he had given her not just one but many reasons to end her life. The scar on her arm was nothing but a mere milestone of her way to death. Why me. She repeated in her head over and over again. Why do I suffer this pain? Why can’t it all stop!. Alexa was becoming nothing, she believed herself a no one. That’s what she would be, she’d decided, this was it. “Goodbye cruel world, thankyou for teaching me a lesson. A lesson to appreciate the love you are given, and not take anything for granted. Thankyou for showing me what pain is like because without the pain, I wouldn’t know happiness.” Those were the last words to ever leave Alexas’ mouth, the last words she ever breathed out. The blood ran thicker than her thin arms could bare, she opened up not only the chance at a better future, but her arm as well. Her eyes dropped closed with tears, and her heart slowed. This is it. I’m going to die. Her mind wandered, and she began remembering all of the pain she has experienced over the last few years, and in all of her 15 years she did not have one good memory to think of. Then she felt nothing. She was dead.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!