Zombie Apocalypse

Zombie Apocalypse by Evan Rumsey

“Run!” yelled Alex, “Steve. Run!”
“Okay!” screamed Steve.
“Steve, run for the tree and open the secret base so we can hide from the zombies!”
“So… open the secret base? Got it!” Steve puffed back.
As Steve fiercely slashed through the zombie wave, a zombie came out of nowhere and punched him in the leg. He knew he was injured but he needed to run to safety while Alex was defending some kids and getting them to safety. Steve quickly opened the dark, gnarly tree so Alex could run in and then Steve followed closely behind. Steve saw Alex was extremely unhappy.
“What’s wrong?” asked Steve.
Alex frowned, “The kids, well they didn't make it.”
“Why is it wherever we go, whatever town we end up in, there is always a zombie apocalypse there!” Steve said, shaking his head in disbelief.
“Maybe we have some sort of curse or spell on us!” suggested Alex.
“It could be on just one of us though, like you,” Steve said with a grin.
“You are absolutely right,” said Alex.
“So let’s get geared up in our iron suits and find another village to go live in,” commanded Steve.
Alex whispered, “What if there are some zombies outside?”
“That reminds me, I really hurt my leg so let’s stay here until it gets better,” said Steve.
“Kay” said Alex.
A few moments later...
“I think I'm feeling better now. Let’s see if there are still zombies outside,” said Steve.
“They could be right at our door,” Alex said cautiously.
“You are totally right,” said Steve. “Shall we see if they are there?” said Alex.
“Ok, open in 3...2...1...OPEN IT!” screamed Steve.?“Nope CLOSE, CLOSE IT, too many zombies!” yelled Alex.
“AUGH!” yelled Steve as he slammed the door shut again.
“Should we go through the secret tunnel?” asked Alex.
“Yes, great idea. We can get to a witch’s castle through the tunnel,” said Steve as he walked on, “Look there is some gold on the path, let's mine it quickly and see how much we get! Look, I have eight pieces of gold.”
“I have eight gold pieces too,” said Alex.
“I’m hungry. Do you have any apples?” Steve asked.
“I have five apples,” said Alex. “Ok, at least we have food to eat,” said Steve.
“You know what they say about an apple a day?” said Alex, with a wink.
After a few hours, Steve and Alex came to the end of the tunnel and arrived at the witch’s castle. This witch prevented anyone from leaving this village and had to be killed.
“So, let’s kill this witch, because I'm done with this village,” said Steve.
“Ok,” said Alex as Steve snuck around the side entrance. The witch turned and saw them but before the witch could do something, they ran through the door and hit the witch several times. Steve killed the witch. And as they walked out of the witch’s base they bravely said, “We did it!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!