Oliver And His Great Big Adventure

Oliver is a little boy with a big dream to explore the world. But nothing much happens in the small town that he lives in. He lives at an old broken down orphanage. He has no friends, no family and not much faith.
One morning Oliver woke up bursting with delight he had an idea to build a time machine. He ran down to the breakfast room and gulped his breakfast down as fast as he could and ran back to his room. He started to build it. He hammered , measured ,adjusted and sawed until he finally finished. By the time he had finished it was night so he walked himself over to his bed and went to sleep.
The next morning he woke up and ran straight to his invention. He pressed a couple of buttons and boom the doors opened and a portal appeared. He walked into the machine when all of a sudden he ended up being in a hot tropical forest where the wind blew fresh air and the grass waved in the wind. But there was one problem he had no idea where he was and he was thinking what year he was in. Suddenly a huge dinosaur came running past him. It was a T– rex .Oliver had no idea where the time machine was. He wanted to go back home. He did not know what to do with himself, he was puzzled. He thought where was his life going to take him? Will he ever find his family? Will I ever find the time machine?
He looked and looked but couldn’t find it anywhere. He started to give in until he saw a bright light. He followed the light and there it was so he hopped in. He arrived at a small town which looked familiar. He heard two familiar voices. He peered into the window and saw a woman and a man with a little child. The child stared to cry louder and louder. Then all of a sudden the man and woman where gone. The man and woman matched the photo that Oliver had. It was his parents. He wondered why did they go and where.
So he went back to the time machine and it took him back to the orphanage. He ran into this room and sat there wondering what had happened. There was a knock on the door and there were two soft voices. One said “Oliver may we enter?” Oliver replied “you may “ in his soft little voice. The door opened and a man and a woman entered Oliver asked “why are you here?“ The man replied “Oliver we`re going to adopt you of course”. Oliver’s face lit up with happiness. So they lived happily.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!