Never Turn Your Back

Never Turn Your Back…

My palms sweaty, concealed in the black glove I used to cover her mouth as I whispered in her ear not to make a sound. I threw her into my mysterious black van, covered her mouth and hands with duct tape and locked the doors, there was no way I was letting her get away. I got into the front of the van and could hear her thrashing around in the back, but I continued to drive into the haunting blackness of the night.

Once I had reached the destination, which was an abandoned warehouse, I got out, went to the back of the van and pulled the girl out. She was limp and heavy, it was almost like she had just given up, but honestly that was probably what was best for her in this situation. I dragged her into the warehouse and brought her into an old dusty room that had one bed in it. This was my favourite place to come to as it brought back memories of my other killings, it was almost like I could still hear the screams from the lat time. I held her down on the bed and took the duct tape off of her mouth, only because I wanted her to beg. ‘Please Danny, don't do this!’ I ignored her remark, pushed my dark curly hair out of my face and grabbed the knife out of my bag. ‘Believe me I don't want to do this but if I don't they will overpower me,’ I whispered with a cold and monotone voice.
‘What do you mean, who's they?’ Said the girl with exhaustion and fear in her voice, I could feel her looking into my purple eyes, but I didn't let that get to me.

I replied with, ‘The voices, the darkness, if it was my decision I would never do this.’ I held the knife in my hands then I raised it above her chest. I continued to raise the knife and every time I did the girl screamed, hoping that someone would burst through the door and save her, but no one would be able to find us. With one quick motion I plunged the knife into her chest. I felt her take her last breath and a rush excitement ran through me. The girl lay there dead drenched in her own blood I put my hand underneath her head and lifted it, her skin sent chills through my body as it was so cold. I took my camera out and took a photo of her fiery red hair and glassy green eyes and I thought to myself, ‘another one to add to my collection, a killer is now on the loose…’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!