I Should Have Helped!

“DING DONG,” the dishwasher sounded loudly. I (Tut) sat on the top bunk of my bed and just let it ring as I had done many times before. The dishes could wait. 3:25 hit and I finally moved because my Dad arrives home at 3:30 I had plenty of time…Or I thought I did. I opened the dishwasher and something clicked, except the dishwasher was not it. The front door had opened. My Dad walked in. “Hi”, he called and wandered closer to the kitchen. I couldn’t believe it, he was EARLY. “WHAT DO I DO, WHAT DO I DO”, I whispered to myself. I was clueless.
I jumped into the dishwasher and sat still, silent and uncomfortable. I could hear my Dad calling outside but didn’t dare move at all. My feet started to feel rather wet. I looked down to see soapy water filling the dishwasher. Someone had turned it on! My Dad was outside so it wasn’t him. I didn’t know who had turned it on? The thought puzzled my mind for a minute until I realised I had better things to worry about. I was stuck in a dishwasher with no way to escape. I was starting to freak out. Cuts covered my body as it finally stopped, pain slithering up my bones. The door opened and I looked out, except my Dad wasn’t standing there…
A big, blue-black, bandaged beast stood in front of me. The beast slowly approached me, grabbed me and banged our heads together. My vision went fuzzy for a second until slowly it focused. “Ouch,” I yelled and rubbed my head. He stared at me with his dark eyes and then this word was planted in my mind… “FOLLOW”. I quickly walked to catch up with the beast as he was already metres ahead. I then realised I had my phone in my pocket. I took it out and clicked the button. The screen flickered on. I put in my code and it still worked. I couldn’t believe it! My screen then turned rainbow coloured and crumbled into dust.
I looked up to see the beast’s fingers glowing rainbow. He had done it. “Why did you do that?” I asked angrily. These were the words that were planted in my mind… “DON’T TALK.” Immediately my mouth shut. It was like he forced it. But how? I have a feeling this beast is more than he looked. As we rounded a corner a huge castle came into view, it was like it was from a fairy-tale. It was amazing and best of all we were going toward it.
I suddenly tripped over and hit my head hard on the ground. Very hard. Eventually someone shook me awake. I could hear my Mum and Dad’s voices and I opened my eyes. I saw my bedroom around me. I looked up to see my top bunk and realised what had happened…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!