Unmerry Christmas

The bright blurry lights that surround me burn my eyes until I can barely see. I lifelessly lie on the cold ground that I now know as my bed.

A clique of people exchange glances of disgust, they murmur words of hate under their breath I can hear them talk about how filthy people like me are.

A surge of pain jolts through my limp and weak body as the extraordinary scent of a juicy burger climbs up my nostrils.

My eyelids feel like heavy weights and my dirt covered hands are numb and cold. I lose control of my body as I freeze in the icy streets of Melbourne.

My stomach grumbles, it creates a roar as loud as a ferocious beast . My mind goes blank, and the feeling of drowsiness takes control.

I Never thought I would spend Christmas alone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!