The First Words

Hello my name is jay and my story begins in 1942 in the middle of world war two. I walk alone with my sister Mary and my baby sister Linda. Our parents abandoned us when we were very little and we didn't take that very well so almost everyday we would argue about this argue about that but one day our argument got so intense I just said "why don't we go our separate ways" and without hesitation Mary agreed. Linda didn't get any say in this maybe it had something to do with the fact she couldn't speak yet. So I tried to get as far away from her as possible so I snuck under a boat that is going were god only knows so then I fell asleep. But then I was awakened by guns firing men screaming and that's when I realized the boat I was on was heading right into battle I was scared as I was hugging my knees in the corner but then something big hit the boat then black! I remember waking up with sand on my face and a destroyed boat right next to me. Then I herd voice's not in English getting closer. Then I got picked up and thrown into prison I was at a Japanese camp. I look to my right, I see a man looking scared before I could ask him are you alright I saw a man open the door and two others come in and grab the scared man as he was pleading mercy the scream got louder until it stopped with a bang from a gun then I knew what was going to happen to me in 3 days. I thought it was over until I herd a "psst over here" I looked through the back window it was Mary and Linda apparently they had the same idea as me and ended up at the same place except she didn't get captured. I told her she had three days to patch all the hols in the boat so then Mary cut down some thin trees that she saw in the distance with the bayonet from a gun and shore enough she did it on the third day. Then she snuck in the camp but then they grabbed me they kicked me down to my knees and they put the gun to my head just as they were about to pull the trigger Mary came from behind and knocked the grad out with an overgrown stick. So then I ran I ran faster then I ever did in my life me and Mary saw Linda on the boat waiting for us. Then Mary started up the boat and we set off I said my apology then Mary said hers then Linda started to move her mouth almost like she was trying to say something. Me and Mary were both very existed then she said the words the end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!