Panic At Sovereign Hill


Panic At Sovereign Hill

Ben and I jump out of the car and race each other to the lolly shop. We ask ourselves what are we going to get. Oops we completely forgot to introduce ourselves. Hi I’m Daniel Gianfriddo and this is Ben Matusko and we both go to RMIT.

We both end up choosing the candy apple lollypop and we head towards the bowling centre which is apparently bad. “Let’s check it out’. ‘I say.’ When we get there it’s not the normal bowling facility and I’m starting to believe it’s bad. I wait for Ben to have his turn so I have my turn and agree 100% with him.

We decide to go to the gold mine rather than the red mine, because it’s name is more appealing. We enter the carts and in the next few seconds it’s pitch black and we’re underground. There are a few stops to talk about what it was like when the gold rush was around. We head on foot towards the red mine hills. When we arrive we enter and walk through, then all of a sudden the floor collapses and everyone falls, except for the Supervisor, Ben and I. We are being like a spider across the walls just to survive. I hear Ben say “ are we close yet?” I am thinking about that just when we hear the supervisor say “30 seconds to go keep pushing through.’ We still have 150 steps to go.

We decide to go to the old houses and we realise it’s 7:30pm so we race each other there. Just before we enter the house, a mudslide happens which was a vulture activation. We’re running from the vultures for dear life! Ben and I being caught by a vulture and we fly over the fence, but we squirm out and land in the car and escape on wheels.

As we drive away I put on the news and see us two spidering through the red mine hills, escaping the mudslide and squirming away from vultures. Unfortunately all of these catastrophes cause Sovereign Hill to a closure. We arrive at the Pizza Place and order a hawaiian pizza and when it arrives we destroy it. DELICIOUS! We watch some soccer, then footy and go home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!