Jake And The Rainbow Lorikeet

Last night, Jake went out to his tree house. He saw a rainbow lorikeet sleeping in its nest. It woke up. “Will you be my pet?” Said Jake.
The rainbow lorikeet slowly nods its head. “I'll stay here with you for the night” said Jake.
The next day Jake woke up, but the rainbow lorikeet wasn't there. Jake heard a squawk, it was getting louder by the minute. It was coming from the pet store. The rainbow lorikeet had made some new friends. Jake knew he wanted to stay, but they had to go.
They both went back home. “You can go back and see your friends tomorrow.”
The next day, the rainbow lorikeet wasn't there. Jake knew where to look, he went to the pet store.
“Oh no” said Jake, the rainbow lorikeet got put in the cage with the other rainbow lorikeets. Which one is it?
I can't believe he got himself stuck in a cage.
“Excuse me, but that's my pet” said Jake.
“Sorry kid, but you'll still have to pay for him” he said in an old meanish way.
Oh no, now I'll have to guess which one it is and have to pay for it. Catastrophe.
I need to get home to get some money so I can buy him back.
Jake went home to get some money. Jake begged his parents to give him some money so his parents gave him some money. They gave him too much so Jake decided to buy all of the rainbow lorikeet’s friends too and Jake had money left so he bought a big cage to put all the rainbow lorikeets in so they could play with each other every day and so could Jake.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!