Thank You Bullies!

Hello, my name is Annabel. I am a 10 year old girl who is thankful for her bullies because that made me strong and gave me a special power that no other human has. Pretty cool, right?

Here’s what happened:
I was walking my dog Toffee in Central Park, New York City when I saw Grace and Jessica, the biggest bullies in my school. As per usual they started insulting me. I tried to ignore them but they insistently confronted me. They then started laughing hysterically at my brand new denim jacket my grandma had given me as a special present, they rudely insulted Toffee’s collar and then stated that I didn’t know how to make my eyes go white! In fact I can make my eyes go white but I never wanted to do it as I was told that you can become blind if wind comes by. Grace and Jessica kept on nagging and saying I couldn’t do it. That really got on my nerves! So I finally gave in and did it. I deeply regretted it as soon as I did it because wind did come by and in fact I did become blind.

I was blind only for two weeks but it was really scary. Especially when Grace and Jessica left me alone in the middle of Central Park; luckily Toffee was a full grown Labrador Retriever so she took me home. My mum got so angry about what I had done but mostly she was disappointed that I didn’t tell her that I was regularly being bullied. I didn’t go to school for two weeks because I couldn’t see, meanwhile my mum informed the school and the teachers sorted everything out.

It was Saturday morning when I suddenly could see again. It was a big surprise! I was ecstatic. I didn’t even realise that I had acquired a special power until the next day when I started to hear and see magical creatures. At first I was a bit confused but soon I realized it was a great gift. The best thing is that I now have many magical friends who make me happy and I never got bullied again. I am still in shock about how lucky I am for my smart and caring dog and my mum’s love, not to mention the infinite joy of that new magic world surrounding me. This is why I am thankful for my bullies!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!