A Christmas Adventure

It was Christmas Eve. I lay in my bed, the sheer excitement was burning in my heart, leaving me unable to sleep. I heard a little twinkling sound. Hopping cautiously out of bed, I tiptoed to the window. But I saw nothing. Crash! Something landed on the hot coals of the chimney. He had twinkling eyes a blue as forget-me-nots and rosy cheeks. Santa!
He took my hand and in a wink of an eye, we shot up the chimney and landed in his sleigh. We whizzed across my estate and up into the clouds. After about half a minute we landed on a cloud. There was a castle made entirely out of mist! Then Santa did a most extraordinary thing. With the flick of his hand the castle opened up like a pop-up page in a picture book. I was astounded by the many elves and toys. I spent the night find out how to make toys. But then there was a call of someone I knew well..."Ruby!". Oh...it was such a wonderful dream. As I raced downstairs, I realised something. Christmas wasn't just about Santa and presents. I know it feels much better giving than getting. I know in my heart that Santa only gives me presents because he is kind and cares about me. But then I noticed something. There was no presents under the tree?! The dream was real! Santa must have been delayed by spending time with me!
Just then I heard the sound of bells ringing. A big red sleigh pulled up in the front yard of our estate. The man from my dreams cane up to me and apologised. Then he filled my stocking up with the things we made at his workshop. "Merry Christmas!" he bellowed. I sure did have a very Merry Christmas!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!