Newborn Knight

Newborn Knight


I galloped out of the explosion with pride. My sword sat in my belt sparkling in the moonlight. As I rode I tried not to look back at what I had created, it would be described as one of the most exhilarating battles ever.

My name is Sir Damien Cassleberry and I am a knight in the 3rd Battalion. I have been training my whole life for the opportunity. Ever since I turned 12 and was legally allowed to go to knight training I had dreamt to fight on behalf of the royal family.

On the first knight training I had ever participated in my trainer and fellow knight, Sir Douglas Crompton, said to me and my class “ One day you could go through enough training and become a knight like me and get to fight on behalf of the royal family.

Every day after school, I would hop on Macy, my horse, and ride down to the jousting arena, when there I find my two best friends Harry and Charles. We would practice our sword techniques on each other whilst we waited for our trainer to make his appearance. After a while he would arrive on his horse, Candlestick.

Every training we would learn a knew technique, I have been going to training for the past 4 years as the legal age to be knight is 16 and I am only 15 I will have my birthday and take an exam if I pass I will graduate from Knight School and become a knight. The days past and eventually it was test day. I mounted Macy and rode to the jousting arena, I then entered the rooms and sat down at a table were I found placed in front of me the test. I picked up my pen and waited for Sir Douglas Crompton to tell me that the test had begun.

That night I had a positive feeling that I did well there were not any questions that I did not know the answer to. In the morning I was eating my bread when I was interrupted by a loud bang on the door, it was Sir Douglas Crompton, he told me to make my way down to training a little early, I thought that there may be something that he needs to tell me, I was right.

He said I was one of the best Knights that had ever gone to training, then out of know were appeared Prince Gates on his horse I was lost for words was this really about to happen Douglas told me to get down on one knee then the Prince pulled out his sword and tapped both my shoulders I was a knight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!