Under The Bed

Have you ever heard of the story where unforgivable little kids get lessons by… death? The apartment up the hill is haunted but no one knows except me. I died there. Now, I teach little kids lessons very very happily. Now I will tell you a unforgettable story about a girl named Lucy and her innocent dog. At least someone has to die… but which one?

One day when Lucy moved into her new apartment with her family and her dog. She discovered that there was a hole in the ground in the corner of her room. She thought of nightmares which could happen to her with that hole. To cover her fears she put her small bed over it.

And from that day she bragged even more about her new apartment. One night, Lucy was sleeping cozily in her bed when she heard a whisper. "Don't Bragg... Don't Bragg..." from that night, every time she bragged, she heard it. But Lucy didn't think much of it. Dumb, isn't she? And every night the whisper grew louder and louder until it talked, but it was only talking in her left ear. Only her left, the one with the diamond earring. One day Lucy was walking down the hill, to Bragg like always. She went up to strangers and to little children to brag. When she was bragging a man came and started admiring her earring.

When the man went up to her ear, she heard it now, it was shouting "Don't Bragg! I am warning you! Until it is too late...!" She screamed and ran to her apartment, to her bed and under her blanket. She still heard it and remembered the hole. She looked under her bed and nearly screamed her voice out! What she saw was something she couldn't forget.

Two red eyes staring at her. Without blinking at all. Then the next second she was having a really bad headache she screamed loudly as she could but nothing came out. Now the red eyes were closer and a bloody-red mouth appeared and it chanted "Don't Bragg! Don't Bragg!" Only in her left ear. So Lucy stopped bragging for a week still with the bad headache.
Then she started bragging again. She heard it! But different now: "Its too late! It's too late!" The next morning when Lucy woke up she saw the window smashed and she felt different. Her left ear was lighter. She saw her dog was killed and the blood was turned into a writing: Your next!

Few weeks later Lucy left her apartment without a note or anything. Now Lucy is in a little cottage over in the country with her diamond earring smashed but sometimes, she hear it chanting when everk she brags in her left ear "Don't Bragg...".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!