WASTELAND

Hello, if you read this, I have found this text sending device in the wasteland, if you find this please tell someone, because it is coming.
10 Months Ago
"Ready or not here I come"! As I scramble like I'm looking for a lost belonging, I hear my brothers foot trudging along the ground, he despised the the idea of playing with me. I continued my search for a hiding spot but eventually decided to climb into the new wooden closet my mum bought of this homeless dude, the reason most of th furniture in our house is second hand is because my mum hates spending money. That's not the point as I close the door, I realise that the wood had been making a weird shifting noise, then I felt something breathe on me...
I open my eyes and feel an extreme heatwave scorch through my body like a knife. I realised I was no longer in my home, it seemed I was on the set of a Hollywood movie, then I put two and two together, the place was a city. But the only thing different was, there was no one in it. And the building had either fallen over or had where it's windows were supposed to be emptied. Then I came across a mysterious looking shop, inside there were TVs, with what I could make out as news. And one specific TV caught my eye. The content was enough to make any person realise where they were. It read: MELBOURNE EVACUATED DUE TO URANIUM EXPLOSION. Now, I'm no genius or whatever but, I realised that at the bottom the time read 14/7/2045. But I had no time to waste, I had seen survival shows on TV but it's nothing compared to the thrill of knowing your all by yourself. Then I realised something, how is the radiation not affecting me, then at that point, I felt something once again breathe on me, but this time, I saw it in the reflection...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!