Olivia Mansion

I was on an old farm and there was a blissful small house that had an uncommon phone. My name is Olivia-Jane Mansion and I am a spy and work for the FBI. I am on this farm with my parent and my four horrendously annoying siblings. That’s when I looked over the fence and starring right back at me was a man with big, beady hazel eyes. Also my target that I’ve being searching for. The FBI only sent me to scope him.
The next day was tragic, the sky was as grey as my mood and rain was drizzling on the dusty brown dirt making mud. I went out and brutally trudged through the mud to the wooden, blistered gate. There he was standing with a faded yellow umbrella and with two different boots. He gave me a solemn glare of delight. I was puzzled. It probably meant I was doing a good job and he didn’t suspect anything was wrong.
As he trudged away in the mud, I went into his garden. He had ripe green cabbages, twisted orange carrots and a big delightful red apple tree. That’s when I heard his car start up, it was an old Mercedes, green too. So I went to his creaky balcony and tried to open the door, it swung straight open. Inside there was an old wooden table with a green vase with dead little flowers. As I slowly crept inside the mouldy green floor boards creaked. BANG!! The old rusty chandelier fell from the dented roof. It was very old house, rusty too, and all the paint was pealing from the walls. I could feel the shiver creeping down my back. That’s when I could hear the whispering of five souls coming from the living room. I took a little peek through the crack in the faded door, inside I could see an old leather couch.
Sitting on that leather couch were 3 old men and 2 hideous ladies drinking coke from glasses that were growing yellow fungus. That’s when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw a glare. It was that old guy who had left earlier in his green Mercedes. I looked at him, he looked at me, and I ran out into the muddy field as fast as I could to get away from him.
I looked back. Nothing. Nothing there except a pack of dirty, brown cows.
I have a secret, a colossal secret. I see loads of ghosts. That house was never there, nor were the people, or the Mercedes. It’s just a dumb paddock, were a house used to lie with those exact people in it. But now it’s all history, all gone.
I decided that I’d quit the FBI and just be a normal, courageous girl living in a non-mysterious house. I had fun pretending that it was real, but it’s time to go back to the real world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!