Back In Time

BACK IN TIME

It was amazing. I had finally finished building my time machine when my friend Samantha walked in.
“Have you finished?” she asked.
“Yes,” I replied. “What do you think?”
“Does it work?” she asked.
“Yes,” I said, although I was afraid of using it.
Suddenly I had an idea to travel back in time to the Dreamtime.

“Hey, do you want to test my time machine out by going back to the Dreamtime?” I asked.
“That sounds great!” she said. Before I could change my mind we were off to the Dreamtime.
When we got there we were annoyed because we hadn’t packed anything and we’d landed in the middle of the desert. As we began to explore we realised we hadn’t needed to because there was lots of fruit growing and animals roamed around lazily.

Suddenly we heard a noise behind a nearby tree. We gave each other a look instead of talking so we wouldn’t be heard, as we walked over to the tree. There were three little Aboriginals sharpening rocks.

When they looked up they got a surprise and ran away but we followed them. When they stopped we regretted it because we had arrived at their campsite. The elders were awake and strangely ready for attack. Luckily for us they thought of us as ‘harmless’.

The next morning we were tied up and hung over the fire by our feet. Seated around us were the elders and the rest of the clan. We were going to die if we didn’t think quickly, then I remembered my pocket knife in my thingamajig bag.

In seconds our feet were on the ground and the Aboriginals grabbed their weapons and ran to us ready to fight. We stood calmly and made a peace sign to show we wouldn’t hurt them. After a few minutes the Aboriginals came over to us in a friendly way, greeting us. Thanks to my sign language teacher I could tell that one of their babies was lost in the woods. Samantha and I agreed to help them so we could be set free.

We started searching the woods. After a lot of searching we heard a strange scream. I made signs in the dirt to tell them that the baby was near. When we looked behind a huge, mossy rock, we found the baby. She was bleeding from her forehead.

We finally reached the campsite. As soon as the baby was taken care of the Aboriginals ran over to a box made out of sticks and brought out a beautiful necklace. They came back over and gave the necklace to me. Then they went back to their campsite as if nothing had happened. I realised that they had rewarded us for finding the baby and set us free.

“It’s time to go back home,” Samantha said.

Before I knew it our adventure was in the newspaper and we had become famous!


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!