Mal's Diary

In England, it was a cruel country. There was always drama and trouble around here. The king was very rude and mean. There was nowhere to get jobs. If you cut down a tree you would be condemned to Australia. Many crimes were being committed. My grandparents go sentenced to Australia for stealing ten pieces of bread from a market. My parents also got condemned to Australia because my dad killed a 12 year old and my mum killed a 5 year old. Now you are about to hear my story.
On a dark and cloudy day, I had to clean the chimney for a mean man named Adam. I was so hungry. Adam didn’t give me any food. When he wasn’t looking, I grabbed a knife, KILLED HIM and stole the food. After several hours, I got hungry again. I looked for a market nearby. I found one and stole five apples. The police caught me and I got condemned to court and then sentenced to Australia FOR LIFE!!!
I felt bad for killing Adam. It was the wrong thing. I changed my ways, even though Adam deserved to die. I did my jobs on time and everyone was proud of me. I saw my friends Evie, Carlos and Jay. One guard named Henry gave me a ‘Certificate of Freedom’. The next day my friends and I used the ‘Certificate of Freedom’ to go to Cockatoo Island. It took one month to get there. We finally got there. I found my parents!!! My mum had a baby. I wondered what gender it was. It was a boy! I am finally not the youngest anymore.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!