Rain Of Fire

Fire rained down upon the city as more dragons descended to wreak havoc. In the midst of all this destruction stood a lone boy, tears streamed down his face as a cried out for his brother. After the endless running, his legs gave way and he fell to the floor.
“Where is everyone?” the boy sobbed. He laid there for a moment before pushing himself off the ground. Blood trickled down his forehead as his sobs increased. The crying boy knew it wasn't safe here and he should try and get away but the pain was too much. Some of the nearby debris fell over which created a loud noise, the startled boy looked over hoping that it wouldn't be that man again.
“Wh-whos the-there” the boy stuttered. Out from behind a toppled over building appeared a strange man. His long, spiky hair swayed in the wind and with the burning city behind him, he gave off a very ominous aura. The boy’s expression turned into one filled with fear. He wanted to scream but found that his voice wouldn't work. So instead he opted for scrambling backwards until he was pressed up against a fallen tree. The man walked forward and the boy tried to press himself further into the tree, but only succeeded in dislodging it and falling backwards. When the boy looked up, he saw was the man towering over him.
“Thought you could get away from me did ya?” he said with a dark sadistic glee. The boy looked around for an escape but was surrounded by debris. The man laughed at his terrified expression while leaning down leaning down to pick him up by his shirt collar. The boy let out a scream that was cut off when the man threw him into a nearby wall. He coughed, trying to get the air back in his lungs.
A roar erupted from the sky as a dragon flew into the small clearing, its beating wings blew up a cloud of dust as it landed. The dragons red scales gleamed in the fire, a small puff of smoke leaving its snout. The man gave the scaled beast a silent signal, his eyes flickering to the boy. Before the boy could register what was happening, a torrent of scoring flame was heading towards him. The boy screamed as the flames engulfed him, before his world turned black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!