Game ON

Ben didn’t know why he’d challenged Edward to a battle in handball. His palms were sweating at the thought of Edward.I shouldn’t have done this, he thought. He is smart, supreme, superior and awesome when it comes to handball, thought Ben some more. I don’t know how to beat him. If only he hadn’t thought of playing in the same handball court as him in school…

It was almost lunchtime. Almost face-off time. He’d be dead meat, unless some miracle happened for him. He couldn’t concentrate on his work. All he could think about was the oncoming game. Edward was the champion of school when it came to handball. Now I’d probably have to think of a strategic plan, thought Ben.

“First to one point wins,” said Ben’s friends.
“What, no way. I have no chance of beating Edward,” whispered Ben.
“Bad luck Ben.” Edward was known for his killer shots.
“The game will commence in 5 minutes.”This was it. The loser had to eat the most worst food that the other person could think of. Ben did this for payback, as Edward had pushed him, and made him bleed a lot.

5 minutes had passed, and now it was time. Edward served the handball. Ben whacked it back. Then, Edward waited for the ball to drop low to the ground. Then, he smashed it. Somehow, by a miracle, Ben whacked it back, giving Edward a taste of his own medicine. WOW!, thought Ben. I never new that would happen! Edward had no chance to pass it back. He looked just as surprised as Ben.

The next day, Ben brought in some garbage food, which he’d described as badly cooked food. Edward ate it. “Eeeeewwww,” he said.
“It was garbage,” said Ben.
“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!,” screamed Edward.

Even though it happened 5 years ago, Ben could remember it.
“Oh well, it’s bedtime,” whispered Ben, turning off the lights...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!