The Rocket Under My Pool

Finalist in the 'Write Here Write Now 2017' competition

One hot sunny day I was playing in my swimming pool. I saw something red and shiny in the bottom of the pool with the word ‘rocket’ on it. I swam down and pressed the button, a hatch on the bottom of the pool opened. I swam into the hatch and inside was a big room with a big red and white rocket inside.
I was excited and climbed up the ladder and got in the cockpit. There was lots of controls and buttons and I saw buttons that said ‘Mars’ ‘Saturn’ Jupiter’ and the ‘Moon’. I pressed the ‘Mars’ button and the rocket blasted off to Mars. The rocket was fast and I saw the moon, planets, stars, the sun and the earth. The rocket then landed on Mars.
I found a space suit and put it on and stepped onto Mars. Mars wasn’t like earth because there was no houses or seas or people on it. I looked around and saw an alien worm and lots of aliens. The aliens were green, had ten eyes, antennas, and one arm and one leg to bounce around on. The aliens where friendly and wanted to come back to earth but I couldn’t fit them in, and could only fit the alien worm in.
We then flew back to Earth and when we got back I made the alien worm some armour because he was so fragile. I put wheels on the armour to make him go faster, as fast as a cheetah. I also put claws on the armour so he could dig, dig as good as an aardvark. I then put sticky pads on the bottom of his armour so he could climb as good as a gecko. He became my best friend and I called him squirmy wormy.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!